- On Site PD Services
- Webinars and Virtual PD
- Map Editing and Feedback
- Strategic Planning Services
- Mapping to the Core
- Curriculum Mapping
- Curriculum 21
- Active Literacy
Curriculum21>pd21 Services>Curriculum Mapping>What is Curriculum Mapping?
What is Curriculum Mapping?
Curriculum Mapping is a procedure for collecting and maintaining a database of the operational curriculum in a school and/or district. It provides the basis for authentic examination of said database (Heidi Hayes Jacobs, 1997). When curriculum mapping becomes a focused, systemic effort, it connects all aspects of the system.
This process supports the collaborative inquiry process by encouraging professional conversations in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
Curriculum Mapping Professional Development Outcomes:
- Aligning curriculum, assessment, and instruction to the Common Core Standards
- Creating a curriculum to support 21st century teaching and learning
- Connecting other school, state, and national initiatives
- Aligning all instructional Curriculum Mapping components including Essential Questions, Big Ideas, Content, Skills, Assessments, Activities, and Resources