- On Site PD Services
- Webinars and Virtual PD
- Map Editing and Feedback
- Strategic Planning Services
- Mapping to the Core
- Curriculum Mapping
- Curriculum 21
- Active Literacy
Curriculum21>pd21 Services>Active Literacy>Seven School Wide Strategies of Active Literacy
Seven School Wide Strategies of Active Literacy
Our work in Active Literacy follows the Seven School Wide Essential Active Literacy Strategies Heidi outlined in Active Literacy Across the Curriculum: Strategies for Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening (Eye on Education, 2006) :
- Strategy # 1– Employing Bi-Level Analysis of assessment data
- Strategy # 2– Replacing the old way of developing vocabulary with THREE distinct approaches to words in EVERY class.
- Strategy # 3– Elevating CREATIVE note taking and note making skills as evidence of text interaction.
- Strategy # 4– Using essential questions as a literacy comprehension tool by making it “mental velcro” .
- Strategy # 5– Developing a school wide consistent editing and revision policy for every class K-12.
- Strategy # 6– Formally developing and assessing speaking skills through Discussion Types Model and speaking genre.
- Strategy # 7– Mapping the strategies into the curriculum.
Active Literacy Across the Curriculum
by Heidi Hayes Jacobs
(Eye on Education book, 2006) 8.5 x 11 inches / 160 pages.