Mike Fisher takes you along as he explores Today’s Meet, a web 2.0 tool, that allows teachers and learners to collaboratively take notes, backchannel and embed into various media platforms.
- Philip Vinogradov’s Classroom Wiki: http://imcurious.wikispaces.com/
- Edmodo: Classroom Social Netowrking: http://edmodo.com
- “Early Adapter” Teachers: Minute 10:33
- The Web 1.0 Webquest is Dated: Minute 13:18
- One to One Classrooms: Minute 16:46
- Social Networking in the Classroom: Minute: 21:41
Heidi Hayes Jacobs discusses with Bill Sheskey the global impact of the ASCD book Curriculum 21: An Essential Education for a Changing World.
Screencast of using the Video Conference tool Skype. Follow Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano along with tips for using Skype in the classroom.
Curriculum21 Practices in Action.
Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano, Mike Fisher and Bill Sheskey visit the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School in Jacksonville, Florida. They observe a Middle School Language Arts lesson and participate in a discussion about the responsibility of journalism in the Digital Age. The Curriculum21 team learned about quality commenting on a blog from a video created by third graders and hear about the upgraded writing lesson necessary for the creation of the video. Finally the team has a chance to speak to the Head of School, Jon Mitzmacher, and learn about his vision for the school to become a Curriculum21 school.
- Martin J. Gottlieb Day School
- Quality Commenting Video by Third Graders at the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School.
- A Floor, but no Ceiling– Jon Mitzmacher’s Blog, Head of School at the Martin J. Gottlieb Day School
Subscribe to the Curriculum21 Podcast Channel in iTunes.
Mike Fischer & Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano talk about the recent Curriculum Mapping Institute Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY. A different kind of conference who successfully embedded social media and networking to model upgrades for 21st Century Learning.
Listen to interviews with Janet Hale, Jen Laubsch and Adam Bellow (Presenters and attendees of CMI2010) and hear their perspective of 21st Century learning, presenting and conferences.
- Silvia Rosenthal Tolisano- Langwitches Blog, Silvia on Twitter
- Mike Fisher- Digigogy Blog, ASCD Edge, Mike on Twitter
- Janet Hale- Curriculum Mapping 101, Janet on Twitter
- Jen Laubsch- Jen on Twitter
- Adam Bellow- Adam on Twitter– EduTecher.net
- Collaborative Notes from Alan November’s Session